KANE CCOUNTY FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
Kane County Paternity Lawyer
Legal issues involving your family can be complicated by emotional challenges. An experienced Elgin family law attorney can work with you step by step to ensure your best interests are a priority and your rights are protected.
Aurora & Elgin Divorce Lawyer | Illinois Family Law Attorney
The Law Office of Richard C. Irvin & Associates provides representation to clients in family law and divorce cases. With offices in Elgin and Aurora, Illinois, we also serve clients in our surrounding counties, including DuPage County and Kane County. We strive to maintain clients’ close family ties or reunite families when divorce or paternity issues seem to tear them apart. Our Illinois family law attorneys can help you and your family deal with divorce, paternity or guardianship issues. We have successfully mediated and litigated hundreds of family law and divorce matters. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free initial consultation. We will listen to your issue and help you determine the best course of action.
We represent clients who are struggling through a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: We advise and represent clients through the full range of issues related to divorce, including modifications, property division and legal separation.
- Child custody and visitation: Our family law attorneys understand how to guide clients through mediation involving legal custody, joint custody and whether a child can choose which parent to live with.
- Child support: Child support follows a formulaic calculation in Illinois, but the variables must be investigated and entered accurately. An experienced child support lawyer will ensure your child support calculation is as beneficial as possible.
- Abuse and neglect: We represent parents who have a petition to terminate parental rights for abuse or neglect brought against them by the state of Illinois. We work extensively with Catholic charities and the Illinois Department of Family Services to reunite families.
- Guardianship: We provide assistance in advocating for guardianship arrangements for disabled adults and minors.
- Paternity: We represent either parent in paternity suits; we file or defend against the paternity action. Paternity is important to establish because it determines a father’s right to visit his child and his obligation to support his child.
- Orders of protection: Often, one party in a family will feel threatened or be physically threatened by another party. When this happens, it is possible for the court to issue orders of protection.
- Estate planning: We help with the drafting or review of estate planning documents including wills, trusts and powers of attorney.
Contact Our Firm
If you have questions regarding family law, contact The Law Office of Richard C. Irvin & Associates to schedule a free initial consultation. We accept major credit cards for payment of services. Hablamos español.
If you need family law help in Chicago or Cook County, contact the Walters Law Group – Tough & Aggressive Family Law & Divorce Attorneys. We have over twenty years of combined experience in handling divorce, custody and family law cases. YOU give us your confidence, WE give you the peace of mind and the results you deserve. We help people and families in Chicago and throughout the Chicagoland suburbs.